Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Shameless Gardener

The other night, the coolest thing happened. I was making dinner and said to my self, "We need some fruit or veggies with this dinner." So, I didn't go looking in the pantry for canned green beans, or go to the freezer where there is usually something to defrost, or head to the store to get something (good thing cuz it's like 30 minutes away)...what I did was walk straight out my back door to my GARDEN! I cut us some fresh brocolli, picked some sum-warmed strawberries and even pulled off some sugar snap peas from my very own garden. It was sooooo rewarding!

I think I say to Paul at least once a day, "I LOVE having a GARDEN!"

My closest friends and family know that this garden did not come easy, as last year It was not until my third attempt at planting and re-planting that things finally started to grow. Lots of sweat and even some tears went into her, but she is worth it (yeah, I guess my garden's a girl :)

So all that to say, I am still celebrating LIFE, and the things big and small that God has given me.




And to say,
if you don't have one, I think you should :)
If you live in California I think strawberries and tomatoes are by far the easiest.
Hope you're having a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment