Friday, June 10, 2011

Liyah's Tree

I have been wanting to do this for a long time. To plant a tree.
The night we found out that we had lost Liyah, someone gave me the suggestion to plant a tree in honor of her LIFE. I really wanted to do that, but we were grieving so badly that we could not muster up the strength and the mental capacity to even make the smallest decisons, let alone what type of tree to buy, and where to put it. So we just never did it. But as June 9th was coming closer, I knew that if we were going to do it, now should be the time. We looked around briefly at different trees, and I knew that I wanted one that would flower, and of course I wanted one that was pretty. I kept noticing this purple leaved Plum Tree. I liked that it was different, and that it stood out among all the other evergreens. So we went into town and decided that this was the tree we were going to buy.
We used the money that had been set aside to buy Liyah's crib, to buy her a tree instead.

We invited our sweet friends Clint and Carla over to be part of this special evening with us. They were a true blessing, and really understood the meaning of what we were doing.

 Where there used to be death, and nothing but an old stump...

we planted LIFE instead.

This is our Flowering Plum Tree. This is Liyah's Tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment